Hospitality Management Specialisation
Navigating Today's Business World with Tomorrow's Leaders
- Financial Management Specialisation
- Banking & Financial Management Specialisation
- Business Analytics Specialisation
- Digital Marketing Specialisation
- Financial Research & Valuation Modeling Specialisation
- Hospitality Management Specialisation
- Human Resource Management Specialisation
- Information System Specialisation
- International Business Specialisation
- Marketing Management Specialisation
- Operations Management Specialisation
- Retail Marketing Specialisation
- Supply Chain Management Specialisation
- Sports Management Specialisation
Why Hospitality Management as a Specialization in PGDM?
Do you love to travel and experience new places? Do you enjoy teamworking and face-to-face interactions? Are you hungry to make a career in a fast-moving, and fast-growing, industry?
If the answer to any or all of these questions is ‘yes’ then studying for a PGDM in Hospitality Management degree might just be the best decision you ever make.
Travel, tourism, luxury events and hospitality are all sectors that are among the most dynamic in the world. A hospitality management degree prepares you for a successful career with the potential to grow into a number of high-level positions. The sheer diversity of the hospitality industry means you’ll never be limited in your job search. Whether you want to go down the hotel management career path, have the desire to run an exotic, remote resort or fancy managing a casino, the choice is yours. India is showing continuous growth in position moving from 65th in 2013 to 34th position in 2019 in the World Economic Forum’s travel and tourism competitiveness index.
Hospitality is set to create more than 80 million new jobs over the next ten years, which means it is not only evolving, but also incredibly secure. Additionally, by 2026, one in nine jobs will be in the travel and tourism sector. But these are just numbers. What makes this industry so exciting is the way digital technology is transforming how we choose, buy – then share – our travel and hospitality experiences.
Top reasons to choose Hospitality Management as a Specialization
Hospitality jobs are one of the most wanted jobs in the 21st century, due it’s tremendous growth and the ever-evolving nature of the industry. Hospitality offers amazing opportunities for travel-enthusiast graduates who aspire to begin their careers in and abroad. Students are ushering in this industry for its various benefits. If you are attracted to follow a career in hospitality management, explore these 10 reasons that tell why it is great to have a job in this field:
- A Door to the world: You will get the privilege to meet and greet new people, and enjoy scrumptious food and you may even get discounts on hotel rooms and restaurants associated with your company.
- Decent salary: Hotel companies that provide best guest service will pay top dollar for the best-performing employee. Such hotels offer decent starting packages, regular pay increments, bonuses and other rewards for offering great service.
- Offering temporary and part-time jobs: Hotels often hire additional temporary staffs during busy times. Besides, there are busy times during the weekends or nights for which they need to employ permanent or part-time staffs.
- Relocation of jobs: The nice thing about working for a big hotel corporation is it can reassign job titles or job promotion in another branch. You can have a change when you wish to have one.
- Comfortable atmosphere: In this field, you will get the opportunity to work with friendly people, colleagues, and customers. This will give you a comfortable atmosphere to work with.
- Being creative: With a people-oriented industry, hospitality is creative in nature. You can always strive for new ideas to make it more pleasant for your customers.
- New day, new challenge: In the hospitality industry, no two days are alike. You will meet new people and new challenges each day, thus the chances of a hospitality job becoming mundane are very rare.
- Security: You will feel secure as the industry satisfies your basic requirements- food, cloth, and shelter even in unstable economic phases, as it is less prone to such conditions.
- Career choices: The hotel and hospitality industry offers a wide range of job options to select from. You can easily select a job title which suits your personality, skills, and your career aspirations.
- Irregular timing: If you can work at the irregular time, then choosing hospitality industry can be a good option for you. It involves an amazing deal of variety; including working hours and work you do during those hours.
Careers / Jobs Roles in Hospitality Sector
Check out some of the top job options available to candidates after a PGDM in Hospitality Management course:
- Hotel General Manager
- Property Operations Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Front Office Manager
- Housekeeping Manager
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Catering Assistant / Manager
- Travel Agent / Assistant / Manager
- Tour Guide / Planner
- Event Planner / Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Club Manager
- Accommodation Manager
- Reservation Manager
- Marketing Manager
Salary Packages for Hospitality Management Professional
- For entry-level professionals with experience of less than 1 year earn INR 4,00,000 LPA.
- At the mid-level, professionals with experience of 1 to 4 years earn INR 5,83,264 LPA annually.
Top Recruiters for Hospitality Management Professionals
The top recruiters for PGDM in Hospitality Management are:
- Oberoi Group of Hotels
- Westin Hotels and Resorts
- The Taj Group of Hotels
- Hyatt Regency
- The Leela
- Le Meridien
- Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts
- The Lemon Tree
- Rosewood Hotels and Resorts
- Hilton Worldwide
- Marriott International
Growth of Hospitality Sector in India | Facts & Figures
PGDM Module 3 - Specialization | Hospitality Management
Hospitality Finance and Performance Management
Services Marketing & CRM in a Digital Age
Talent Management in Hospitality
Strategic Management in a Global Environment